SPROCKLER is a response to an increasingly complex world wherein we endeavor to make sense of what happens. It uses a unique combination of qualitative (stories) and quantitative (numbers) data. It bridges the worlds of subjectivity – of stories – and objectivity – of numbers. With Sprockler you can create story-based inquiries to collect actual experiences. This generates meaningful data that contributes to the learning capacities of your organization, company or community.
People are often treated as passive sources of information rather than active sources of inspiration. This happens in monitoring and evaluation, knowledge management, or strategic planning. How many boring, inadequate, or misplaced questionnaires have you received? It is easy to ask people what they think, but they will not tell you a lot if they are not convinced that the issues they raise will be addressed. People have valuable experiences to share if we can only engage and inspire them.
Sprockler has three tools: Designer, Collector and Visualizer to design your inquiry, collect your information, and visualize your data in an attractive manner.
THIS TRAINING IS FOR YOU:
- If you are using stories to understand what is going on and look for ways to make more of it.
- If you have the aspiration to use stories to do research, but have no idea where to start.
- If you need to measure the impact of your work, but are fed up with standard data collection.
- If you want to explore new features and enjoy the full potential of Sprockler.
This practical training will help you to:
- Understand in which situation Sprockler can be best used
- Use the Sprockler tools, including the designer, app and online collector and the visualizer
- Be introduced to the art of asking the right questions for Sprockler
- Be introduced to inspiring non-extractive ways of collecting your stories
- Understand the practicalities of Sprockler, including the support of different languages, devices
Your trainers are experienced Sprockler practitioners and are highly experienced in the face-to-face tools that inspired the development of Sprockler.
Note: In preparation for this training, it is suggested to also attend the Perspectivity Complexity Workshop on March 22nd.
One-day group training
Introduction to the principles and development of the philosophy and approach and link to other approaches, methods and tools
Understanding the application, illustrated with inspiring cases from several sectors
Practicing with the designer, app and online collector and visualizer
Understanding and designing ‘Sprockler fit’ questions
Think about inspiring ways to collect stories in your own context
Number of participants: Minimum 6
Date: March 23
Costs: € 500 including lunch and break
Location: New World Campus, Spaarneplein 2, The Hague
Trainers: Han Rakels, Lisette Gast and Anne van Marwijk
Visit our website www.sprockler.com