In the UK, Perspectivity Game sessions have been running since 2008.
In 2011, UK based volunteers hosted a training session in London and invited interested individuals to join the Perspectivity Network and learn how to facilitate Game sessions. This training session was well received and since then this team of local volunteers has provided the push to establish the Perspectivity Network in the UK. Supported by the Dutch Perspectivity Foundation, the UK serves as the first formal outpost of the Perspectivity Network. In the meantime, a member of the UK team has also joined the Perspectivity Enterprise.
The main activities centre around the Perspectivity Game with a steadily growing list of clients:
- in the private sector (PwC, Royal Dutch Shell),
- academic institutions (London School of Economics and Political Science, Manchester Business School, Bath Management School, Schumacher Institute, Higher & Further Education),
- local councils (Monmouthshire, Torfaen, Worcestershire),
- charities (Global Action Plan, the RSA)
- and community-level organisations including Transition Towns.
The UK team has also hosted an open session in Ireland.
Beyond the Game, the diverse backgrounds of Game Leaders are helping to bring about changes to give the sessions more impact that are informed by experience gained and lessons learnt from dialogue processes, systems thinking courses and facilitation methods. The UK team is exploring the potential of Perspectivity Academy and Perspectivity School in the UK and intends to host another training session later in the year. With several activities and developments planned, 2013 will be an exciting year for Perspectivity in the UK.
Contact: Dharmesh Mistry