Date & Time:
5-6 October 2023
Maliesingel 68, Utrecht
Euro 650 (VAT exempted) for individuals
Euro 750 (VAT exempted) for organizations.
Deep Democracy is a practical (facilitation) method to start dialogue together. It actively looks for the wisdom of the minority. Alternative points of views are heard, explored and brought into the decision-making process. This results in widely supported decisions and optimal use of the potential of the group. This new view on decision-making and group dynamics enables co-creation. Level 2 training is meant for everybody who wants to delve deeper and hone their skills further after taking Level 1.
What do you learn?
This two-day Deep Democracy Level 2 training is meant for everybody who was enthusiastic about Deep Democracy after participating in the Level 1 course and who wants to delve deeper and hone their skills further. You learn how you can use Deep Democracy as a facilitator, leader or manager of a group, as a member of the group or even in situations in your private life. The focus however is on using Deep Democracy as a leader or in a leadership role. You learn how you can express your own interests and while at the same time facilitate neutrally. Next to that, we will dedicate ample time for the dynamics below the water line, through role mapping and techniques in step 5, such as the debate and let’s talk.
Content Level 2 training course
- Practice the four steps, the check-in and the check-out, soft shoe shuffle.
- Apply Deep Democracy as a leader through practicing a business meeting, as someone with a stake and as a member of the group, without formal supervisors or leader roles.
- Deepen role theory: recognising dualities, roles and fractal patterns in groups and/or organisations.
- Solve dualities and conflicts through Step 5: the technique of the Deep Democracy Debate and the let’s talk (application of the method in a one-on-one conversation).
- Gain insight in the meta skill neutrality and what to do if you lose it.
The study load is 16 hours. After finishing this course participants will receive an official Deep Democracy Level 2 certificate, access to level 3 and to the Deep Democracy Learning Centre and online community.
This course is offered both on site and online. Please have a look at our training page to find the current planned dates.
- Deep Democracy Level 1 training.
- Location: Maliesingel 68, Utrecht.
- Costs: 650 euros for individuals and 750 euros for organisations (15% discount for second person). This includes the certificate, access to the Deep Democracy Learning Center and snacks.
- For questions, please get in touch with Monique.
*Photo by Redd on Unsplash