Deep Democracy is a practical (facilitation) method to start dialogue together. It actively looks for the wisdom of the minority. Alternative points of views are heard, explored and brought into the decision-making process. This results in widely supported decisions and optimal use of the potential of the group. This new view on decision-making and group dynamics enables co-creation.
What do you learn in this training?
During the two day Level 1 training you will learn the basics of Deep Democracy. Next to that, you will learn practical methods that you can directly apply in your own work or private situation. The focus is on recognising the voice of the minority and how you can add this wisdom to the decision of the majority. You learn to deal with the rational and emotional aspects of decision-making. There is also plenty of space to practice during the training. You learn to:
- Follow group dynamics and to target your interventions
- Look at groups in a different way
- Work with tensions and conflicts in groups
- Take decisions that are 100% supported
- Realise transformations in groups
- Strengthen relations in groups.
Content Level 1
The programme is not fixed and will be decided upon by the group through Deep Democracy. In this way, you immediately experience the method concerning small decisions. Elements of the programme are:
- Facilitating check-in and check-out process
- Recognising terrorist line behaviour in the group
- Role theory (fundamentally different way of looking at a group)
- Applying the 5 steps of Deep Democracy; an approach to surface all alternative opinions and perspectives and take them along in decision-making
- Specific methods such as ‘Soft shoe shuffle’ and ‘The Argument’
- Increasing awareness about the roles you take up in a group
- Your own neutrality in a group and the impact of it.
The study load is 16 hours. After finishing this course participants will receive an official Deep Democracy Level 1 certificate, as well as access to Deep Democracy Level 2 and to the online Deep Democracy community.
11 & 12 February 2021 | Language: Dutch
16 and 17 September 2021 | Language: English
- Open training: number of participants: 6 to 12.
- The study load is approximately 16 hours.
- €750 (Exempt of VAT) for organisations.
- *Reduced fee of €650 for independent professionals.
- Cost includes accommodation, lunch, certificate and access to online learning platform.
- Early birds: sign-up before 10 January and receive a 10% discount.
- Training Cancellation Policy
- More on Deep Democracy
- Download the flyer
- Read more on continuous learning on the international Deep Democracy website