Sprockler is a response to an increasingly complex world in which we endeavor to make sense of what happens. It uses a unique combination of qualitative (stories) and quantitative (numbers) data. It bridges the worlds of subjectivity – stories – and objectivity – numbers.
With Sprockler you can create story-based inquiries to collect actual experiences. This generates meaningful data that contributes to the learning capacities of your organization, company or community.
People have valuable experiences to share
People are often treated as passive sources of information rather than active sources of inspiration. This happens in monitoring and evaluation, knowledge management and strategic planning. How many boring, inadequate, or misplaced questionnaires have you received? It is easy to ask people what they think, but they will not tell you a lot if they are not convinced that the issues they raise will be addressed. People have valuable experiences to share if we can only engage and inspire them.
Sprockler has three tools: Designer, Collector and Visualizer to design your inquiry, collect your information, and visualize your data in an attractive manner.
This training is for you if you:
- Are using stories to understand what is going on and look for ways to make more of it.
- Have the aspiration to use stories to do research, but have no idea where to start.
- Need to measure the impact of your work, but are fed up with standard data collection.
- Want to explore new features and enjoy the full potential of Sprockler.
This practical training will help you to:
- Understand in which situation Sprockler can be best used
- Use the Sprockler tools, including the designer, app and online collector and the visualizer
- Be introduced to the art of asking the right questions for Sprockler
- Be introduced to inspiring non-extractive ways of collecting your stories
- Understand the practicalities of Sprockler, including the support of different languages, devices.
Your trainers Han Rakels, Lisette Gast and Anne van Marwijk are experienced Sprockler practitioners and have extended experience in a broad variety of face-to-face dialogue methods that inspired the development of Sprockler.
One-day group training
- Introduction to the principles and development of the philosophy and approach and link to other approaches, methods and tools
- Understanding the application, illustrated with inspiring cases from several sectors
- Practicing with the designer, app and online collector and visualizer
- Understanding and designing ‘Sprockler fit’ questions
- Think about inspiring ways to collect stories in your own context.
- Open training, minimum number of participants: 6
- The study load is 8 hours.
- Visit our website www.sprockler.com
- Listen to the Sprockler online webinar recording
- Register for this training by sending an email to email@example.com.
Find out more about a recent example where Sprockler was used and listen to DM&E Thursday Talk by Stine Chen (Oxfam Novib), Nele Blommestein (Sprockler) & Lisette Gast about how Oxfam Novib, Saferworld and partners used Sprockler to conduct a baseline measurement for their project on access to fair, legitimate and effective Justice in Pakistan.