Sprockler is a response to an increasingly complex world in which we endeavour to make sense of what happens. It uses a unique combination of qualitative (stories) and quantitative (numbers) data. It bridges the worlds of subjectivity – stories – and objectivity – numbers.
With Sprockler you can create story-based inquiries to collect actual experiences. This generates meaningful data that contributes to the learning capacities of your organisation, company or community.
People have valuable experiences to share
People are often treated as passive sources of information rather than active sources of inspiration. This happens in monitoring and evaluation, knowledge management and strategic planning. How many boring, inadequate, or misplaced questionnaires have you received? It is easy to ask people what they think, but they will not tell you a lot if they are not convinced that the issues they raise will be addressed. People have valuable experiences to share if we can only engage and inspire them.
Sprockler has three tools: Designer, Collector and Visualizer to design your inquiry, collect your information, and visualize your data in an attractive manner.
This training is for you if you:
- Are using stories to understand what is going on and look for ways to make more of it.
- Have the aspiration to use stories to do research, but have no idea where to start.
- Need to measure the impact of your work, but are fed up with standard data collection.
- Want to explore new features and enjoy the full potential of Sprockler.
This practical online training will help you to:
- Understand in which situation Sprockler can be best used
- Use the Sprockler tools, including the designer, app and online collector and the visualizer
- Be introduced to the art of asking the right questions for Sprockler
- Be introduced to inspiring non-extractive ways of collecting your stories
- Understand the practicalities of Sprockler, including the support of different languages, devices.
Your trainers Han Rakels, Lisette Gast and Anne van Marwijk are experienced Sprockler practitioners and have extended experience in a broad variety of face-to-face dialogue methods that inspired the development of Sprockler.
The first two modules of the training focus on the 5 process steps of Sprockler, the basic principles, the different types of questions and the options for collecting and sharing results. In the next modules you learn to work with the process and the tool.
The training is spread out in 4 mornings of 09:30 – 13:00 in 4 weeks. The next options to join are:
- Friday 12, 19, 26 June & 3 July
- Wednesday 2, 9, 16 and 23 September
The costs are €350 pp. The training is also suited as an in-house training. The advan-tage of this is that you can immediately start working on your own case. The course can be given in Dutch, English and Spanish.
Previous participants shared:
Super exciting and time flew by.
That such a tool and process exists!
Pleasant and interactive training, with good use of online tools.
- Visit our website www.sprockler.com
- Listen to the Sprockler online webinar recording
- Register for this training by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find out more about a recent example where Sprockler was used and listen to DM&E Thursday Talk by Stine Chen (Oxfam Novib), Nele Blommestein (Sprockler) & Lisette Gast about how Oxfam Novib, Saferworld and partners used Sprockler to conduct a baseline measurement for their project on access to fair, legitimate and effective Justice in Pakistan.