In 2009 and 2010 Monique Janmaat worked on capacity development with the Frankfurt Zoological Society (FZS) regional office in Africa. FZS works for a world in which biodiversity values are recognized and maintained to ensure a high quality of life for current and future generations.
In order to improve efficiency and effectiveness the FZS regional office in Serengeti asked:
- assistance in clarifying its role within the organization
- the outputs that is required to deliver
- the organizational and staffing structure best able to deliver those outputs
- the job descriptions and outputs of individual staff positions, and finally
- the means to continually improve staff productivity (both quantitative and qualitative) through evaluation, development and leadership.
The focus was on Human Resource Management as a key management tool to be improved and developed.
Perspectivity offered a participatory and consultative approach to review HR structures, seeking consensus amongst the concerned staff about the appreciation of the current situation and the picture of a best structure and best HR policies and practices for the future. This was achieved through studying relevant documentation, (competency based) interviews and workshops.
As a result, the organization structure and the job profiles were reviewed and a capacity development plans worked out, both on the organization and individual level.
More info: Monique Janmaat