Liberating Structures – Training from within the Perspectivity Network
- Do you work in global/local development, on social change, or around complex multi-actor agendas?
- Are you driven by social purposes, transformational learning, team problem-solving? Do you want to expand your facilitation skills and practice applied to social causes?
- Do you want to learn how to easily include everyone & unleash collective intelligent in meetings, workshops or conferences?
Then this one of a kind two-day ‘Liberating Structures social immersion workshop’ is right up your avenue!
What are ‘Liberating Structures’?
Liberating Structures are a set of simple, playful yet powerful methods (33 ‘microstructures’) for group collaboration and participation. They put people at the center of the thinking and help groups progress on a wide array of challenges. Most microstructures easily scale from small to huge (300+) groups.
Liberating Structures open a new way and pattern to design a learning process. By combining the structures, we progressively tap into the collective wisdom, experience and perspectives of groups, teams or organisations and generate novel thinking.
Liberating Structures are immeasurably practical. Our world is increasingly complex, interdependent, and culturally diverse. Many of our most pressing challenges cut across geographic, cultural, and technical boundaries. Simple methods that help us work together productively are central to making progress.
About this ‘Social’ Immersion workshop
On 12 & 13 December you will be able to:
- Experience first-hand a series of easy-to-learn microstructures, and their innovative and liberating power.
- Learn how to use them to help others work at the top of their intelligence and creativity
- Rethink the design of an upcoming workshop, meeting or initiative you are involved in.
- Get some insight behind the structures and explore how they build on the logic of Complexity Science.
- Get a practical opportunity to apply these structures to the field of social change, whether development cooperation or other social change avenues.
- (Last, but not least) meet pioneers Fisher Qua and Anna Jackson and connect to the global and local community of Liberating Structures practitioners.
This workshop is for everyone leading or supporting change processes in social initiatives, development organisations/agencies/projects, NGOs, social movements, networks, educational institutions, foundations – engaged to foster lively collaborations and learning for social change.
This workshop is the latest avatar of a long standing series of Liberating Structures immersion workshops. Immersion Workshops are designed to introduce participants to a large number of Liberating Structures very rapidly – it’s a fast “do one, do another one” method of learning. The purpose is to create awareness of the wide range of possibilities that Liberating Structures open up. Also, experiencing a large variety of structures demonstrates that there are many ways to address any particular challenge with one or a combination of LS.
Learning to use Liberating Structures is like learning a new language. First you learn individual words. Then you put them together into simple sentences and, pretty soon, you are stringing LS together and transforming the way you and your co-workers are working together and solving problems.