Connecting worlds of people, ideas and actions for the common good.
I am a facilitator of change in complexity. My drive is to contribute to building a healthy, humane and sustainable society. I have over 30 years of experience as a communications and dialogue professional. I work on all kinds of social challenges, for public institutions, in development cooperation and in higher education.
My focus is on building and nurturing vital connections between people, usually with a specific purpose in mind. You want to achieve something with someone, or sometimes with many people simultaneously. To accomplish this, you need to invite the right stakeholders and explore together what makes them tick. Only then can you make a real connection and set something valuable in motion.
I like to unravel complex situations. Formulating a central quest by means of critical questioning and careful use of language. We then map out all stakeholders and their interests. This is followed by a sound proces design, enhanced by creative interventions, allowing for emergence. I translate the harvest into surprising communication solutions that touch all parties involved. Words convey the essence of the message and images express the feelings. Solid actions and smart resources enhance the desired result.
- Design and facilitation of multi-stakeholder dialogues in complexity
- Communications & branding
- Storytelling for sensemaking, sensegiving and disseminination
- Scrum for agile project management
I am internationally educated in numbers (MBA, IESE, Barcelona), words (Business Communications & PR, Emerson College, Boston) and images (teacher training visual arts, Utrecht).
- Co-author of ‘A bundle of complexity‘, stories from the field about navigating in complexity (Aldus Press, 2019)
- ‘Embrace uncertainty, get agile‘, article in CommTalks, 40 thought leaders about tomorrow’s communication profession (AdfoBooks, 2016)
- Co-author of ‘Scrum in actie‘, the first Dutch book for Scrum applied outside of IT (Business Contact, 2015)