Perspectivity writeshop – Online experiment
Practitioners’ perspectives on power
When: 2 & 3 April 2020
Where: 0nline (updated)
Register by March 15
After a successful first edition, we would like to invite you to our second writeshop. This year’s theme will be on the role of power in system change.
How do you experience power in your work? Which forms of power are visible to you (or not)? Do you use power as a resource or does it undermine what you do?
The Barefoot Guide writeshop method will guide us through this 2-day process. A proven, collective, creative and disciplined process to reflect, learn and document stories that are worth sharing. You can write in English or in Dutch. Both gifted writers and those with writer’s block are invited to join.
We invite you to embark with us on this exploratory journey. Are you triggered? Then save 2/3 April 2020 in your agenda. And mail us that you want to know more!
- A full 2-day writeshop in which we will share, collect, explore, analyse and structure stories together
- Self-reflection and collective learning with a rich network of people interested in power and complexity
- A Barefoot Guide writeshop experience – a collective, creative and disciplined method to reflect, learn & document stories that are worth sharing
- The opportunity to develop a written and deepened story for yourself or to share with the world
Optional (to be decided after completing the online experiment):
- Be mentioned as one of the co-creators of the final publication
- 10 free copies of the publication to spread our perspectives on power in systems change.
- Your experience & stories about how you navigate power in systems change, for example about how you experience power in your work, which forms of power you see or how you use power
- Your deepened understanding on working in complex settings
- Your energy, open mind and eagerness to learn together through writing.
- The online writeshop experiment is offered for free
If after the writeshop we decide to go ahead an make another printed publication, we will ask for a contribution for professional editing and part of the publication costs (such as graphic design, professional images and printing). To cover additional production costs, we will launch a crowdfunding campaign on CoBudget. You will be invited to join the bucket!
Want to join?
To reserve your spot, please confirm your attendance by mail by 15 March via this link. You will receive an invoice for the costs.
We cheerfully donate our time for the design, organisation & facilitation of this writeshop and we look forward to our journey together!
Petra de Boer, Elien Rogaar, Hellie van Hout, Lisette Gast, Marjolein Kok & Anne van Marwijk
More info and registration